What supplies do I need to protect furniture when moving?

If you want to protect your furniture during the moving process, you don’t need to spend much money on supplies. Simply head to your local hardware store or shop online to purchase the following moving supplies for your furniture. Here is a complete list of moving supplies and furniture protection you need for a typical residential move:

  • Bubble wrap
  • Small boxes for books and heavier items
  • Medium boxes for pots and pans
  • Wardrobe boxes for hanging clothes
  • Large boxes for clothing and small appliances
  • Dish pack boxes for all dishes
  • Different colored tape to label boxes by room
  • Extra thick moving blankets
  • Shrink wrap
  • Sealable plastic bags for remotes, cords
  • One clear plastic bin to use as and essentials bin
  • Corrugated cardboard sheets for insulation – more of these if you are moving in the winter
  • Soft, non-scratch moving floor runners so you don’t slip or ruin new floors or shoe booties
  • Tape! Whatever you think you will need for tape – double it.

moving supplies near me

Where can I buy moving supplies?

Have you found yourself swimming in a sea of boxes and tape after searching for moving supplies near me? Here are the most popular places to get moving supplies you need to protect your furniture for moving:

  • Free boxes can be found at large wholesale shops or on online marketplaces
  • Mid-grade moving supplies you can purchase at large hardware stores
  • High quality materials can be purchased at the same places movers purchase – from a wholesale packing company
  • Floor runners are very expensive buy can be bought online – another option is getting less expensive booties

Find Moving Boxes in Boston


Presets Color